Friday, December 6, 2013

Why …Why is it so difficult to say Goodbye

Tata - Madiba - Nelson Mandela

How does someone whom you have never met,
Someone you don't even know
Affect your life in a manner so different
No Pomp No Glamour No Drama
Yet a story so deep so touching
As though a family member

Madiba, we thank you for showing the way
to lead with conviction, without a war
but a battle so strong that
Far away brutal supremacies
bowed down and join now
to revere your humble, simple yet
powerful personality

We celebrate your life
now that you have gone
we knew you not
we touched you not
yet why why why
is it so difficult to say goodbye.

I honestly don't know in what way I can say that Nelson Mandela has affected my life. But I do know that like an aura,, a dream.. the smile in his eyes, the wrinkles on his face… seemed to always speak to me. Remind me of a person, who was so much like our very own Gandhi and yet lived his life in front of us, Real and Present. Having led South Africa to freedom from Apartheid, freed the anger of a brutal regime and soothed the hurt, and moving South Africa forward seeking solace rather than revenge… His voice choked my chest and continues to bring tears to my eyes, while we celebrate with South Africans.. lilting chanting music in the background… in true South African manner

Thank you Madiba, Tata, Nelson Mandela..
Without knowing me, you have made me try to be a better person!
Ram Mohan
5th December 2013

3 comments: